Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You Know You Are Old When

You Know You Are Old When:

You wake up and your back hurts so bad that you can't even walk for the entire day. Seriously, I cannot walk today. It is super ridiculous. I feel like I broke my back.

You are no longer excited for your birthday. I am the girl who will remind you every day for four weeks that my birthday is coming. This time I am not really that excited.

You realize that you are now considered a Maam at department stores.

Your students say things like "Ms. Gillett, I know you are old but you should try this or that". (True story)

You have nieces that are to old/big to pick up and play with.

You can no longer drive four hours without needing to use the restroom.

You are tired no matter how many hours of sleep you get.

You opt for the comfortable clothes rather than the cute ones.

Again, your back hurts so much you don't even want to move.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Just a few questions....When could you go four hours without going to the bathroom...when did you ever not really enjoy a nap...Isn't everyone old to a Jr High school student??? please tell me we are not getting old...please.....By the way I will be more concerned when you chose the comfortable shoes and not the cute ones.

Kelli said...

old my hide! suck it up women! And I agree that everyone is old to a Jr High school student. I'm breeching 30 honey so feel bad for me!