Saturday, June 28, 2008

EuroCup 2008

This post is dedicated to my friends who love soccer and know the magnitude of the EuroCup.

The EuroCup is like the superbowl of Europe. Lucky for us it was going on while we were there. Soccer fans are crazy. Just to give you an example... The night Turkey played Croatia we were in Munich. Germany apparently has the largest number of Turks in Europe besides Turkey itself. After two overtimes and a shootout Turkey pulled off the win. After the win the city went crazy for about two hours. The game ended around midnight so until two in the morning we could hear cars honking non stop and men screaming. Our hotel was right in the center of town so needless to say we didn't get much sleep that night.

Here I am with some students in my Germany attire. I loved the Germany jersey. They play Spain on Sunday for the title of European Master.


Here I am in Budapest at a public viewing area watching a game. They have these viewing areas everywhere. They are free to get into and it is so much fun.

Teri and I at the superstore. They had nothing left. They were completely sold out unless you were really large or really little. They did have some items of the less popular teams but who wants that?

Me in front of the Spain mannequin. I couldn't remember what Spain's colors were so I had to call Armando. I am rooting for Spain tomorrow for the Master. Go Espana! Though I will probably be wearing my Germany jersey.
Another FanZone in Austria. It was during the day so no one was there. They were just playing highlights. Everything was in German so I never knew what they were saying.
For my soccer lovers. I wish you could have been there to experience it with me. It was exciting and a little scary. Those fans are crazy. They make BYU/Utah looks like a playground fight.

Go Espana!

Tomorrow: Vienna and Salzburg (Sound of Music time)

1 comment:

Liam Weed said...

I am very jealous...VERY JEALOUS.