Sunday, June 29, 2008

Salt Mine (Austria)

Salzburg translated means Salt town. They have salt mines everywhere. Salt used to be more valuable then gold. We got to go through one of these mines. I think it was my favorite activity we did. You go deep, deep, deep into the center of a mountain by train. Then you slide down a wooden slide even deeper. You ride a boat on a salt lake in the middle of the mountain. It was incredible. We even crossed the border from Austria to Germany inside the mountain. How cool is that?

Here I am in the mine. You can't really see the passage way but it gets two inches narrower each year. Scary

You also get to wear these really cool white jump suits. I bought one to wear on my first day back to school. Don't be jealous.


Tomorrow Munich and Heidelburg and then I'm done.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

wow your hair is so long! I really like it, wish mine looked that good.