Saturday, June 28, 2008

Budapest, Hungary

Our next stop was Budapest. Apparently I didn't take very many pictures here. It was a long bus ride to get there so the first night we just walked around the city a bit. The second day we took our city tour, went to the local market, went to the Bodies Exhibit, and then watched some futbol with the locals.

Here I am touching the golden testicles of this horse. The belief is... if you touch the golden testicles you will have good luck in whatever area of your life you are focusing on. After our tour guide told us the story she said that we could try. Nobody even budged so obviously I was the first one to touch the testicles. The funny part was that I was in a skirt and couldn't climb on the statue very well. I couldn't reach the testicles without showing the world my under garments so Otto (our tour guide) decided to hoist me up. That was awkward!

Here a panoramic view of Budapest. This is their government building. I don't know what the river is called. I can't remember.

Here is me (looking cross eyed) with my kilo of cherries. We went to the local market and the cherries looked so amazing. I bought some and he asked if I wanted one kilo and I said sure not knowing how much a kilo would be. Well, it was plenty that is for sure. They were good though and they sure helped in counteracting all the bread and cheese we ate if you know what I mean. Teri and I also had authentic Hungarian food for lunch at the market. I had stuffed cabbage with sauerkraut and Teri had some rice and chicken thing. It was one of my favorite meals. The Hungarian Forint is funny to spend. One thousand forints is equal to about six dollars. So I bought a pashmina for about two thousand florints. That is weird.

Here we are cartwheeling for Andres website cartwheelsaroundtheworld.com. We forgot about it till Budapest so anything up until then will have no cartwheels.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hmm, golden testicles. I have more to say about that but not on your blog for all to see!