Sunday, June 29, 2008

Salzburg, Austria

The hills are alive with the Sound of Music. Salzburg is where the sound of music was filmed. It was the most beautiful place by far. I believe it was Teri's favorite as well. Some of these pictures also come from Hellbrum Palace. This was the most innovative and fun palace that we went to. The entire grounds of the palace have secret water squirtters all around. So as you are looking through a cool building all of the sudden you are soaked with water. It was fun. The king whose summer palace this was had quited the sense of humor.

This is one of the hydro powered moving statues. I thought it was funny but it is even funnier in the picture.

Teri and I posing at the palace.
This is the garden that Maria and the Von Trapp children run down while singing Doe Ray Me. I certianly got some air. We also saw the fountain, steps, castle, and more.


I view of the city from the top of the castle. I will tell you what... I was sick of climbing stairs by the end of the trip. I bet we climbed a million stairs by the end of the trip. I also guess that we walked an average of 5 miles a day. But to see these incredible views you have to climb the highest tower of the castle.

This is the dinner table at the water palace. You can't really see me but I am sitting on the far right corner. You will notice the hole in the seat. That is where some of the water shot from. Water shot from the middle of the table as well as from the sides. The king used to do this to his dinner guests and it was very disrespectful to get up from the table before the king. You'll notice that the king's seat doesn't not have a water hole. Funny guy.
Here I am pretending I am 16 going on 17. Oh to be young again.

Teri squeezed herself into a little helicopter. I guess the love of helicopters run in the family

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Love the helicopter, did those seats still squirt you? What a crazy king! I totally have to go rent sound of music now.

Tori said...

Yes, they squirted us. We all walked away pretty wet.