Friday, June 6, 2008

Boise Bonanza




So Teri and I spent a bit of time in Boise over Memorial Day weekend with our friend Emily. It was short but a lot of fun. The worst part was the fact that it took us six hours to get there. It took us an hour to get from our house to Centerville. I hate Davis County traffic. We left at four thinking that we would miss the traffic but no such luck. There are not many things that drive me more nuts than Davis County traffic.
Anyway, we went to the Farmer's Market, did a bit of shopping (no I did not buy anything), and went to Cirque du Solei. The show was amazing. It is so crazy how people are so talented and can contort their bodies in many different ways. The best however is the Peking Acrobats. If you ever have a chance to see the Peking Acrobats make sure you go.
Also, Wicked is coming to Utah. Make sure you get tickets.
On Sunday we went to see the engineers release water from a damn. I don't know all the science and math behind it so just look at the pictures. Apparently there is too much water right now and they don't need it to produce energy so they release it. They do it once a year around Memorial Day. It was cool to see. Think what this world would be like without engineered minded people. We would be lost.
That last picture is of me and Roxy. Roxy just loved me. She followed me around and wanted to sleep with me. I didn't mind until she licked me. I hate when dogs lick me.

1 comment:

bgprincess said...

utah county traffic.... a million times more maddening than davis county traffic!