Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!

So I tend to get a lot of slack for having so many shoes. I personally don't think I have any more than the average lady. Shoes are one of those indulgences that I think most women can understand. Trying on clothes that are stylish and cute but that also fits the womanly body is difficult (case and point: skinny jeans). However, shoes always fit. I pretty much can guarantee that if you give me a 9 1/2 shoe it will fit. There is little variation in size and I don't have to squeeze my curvy hips into them. Plus, every outfit can be destroyed or enhanced by the shoes. I know you know what I am talking about. You've all seen it. The girl walking down the street in a cute sundress and then crocs or those horrible high platform, only for young teens flip flops. It ruins the whole look.
Anyway, I was cleaning my closet today because I can't seem to fit all of my shoes in there (don't worry, I wasn't planning on getting rid of any shoes. Just reorganizing). If you've seen my closet you know it is not very spacious. As I was cleaning I thought I would count to see how many I really have. Are you ready for the magic number? I have 43 pairs of shoes give or take two. I honestly don't think that is bad. Just so you know I counted my roommates as well and she has more and that is not counting the various flip flops she owns. Also, I will say that out of the 43 pairs I would say that I wear 35 of them on a regular basis (during their season that is). I am very good at getting rid of shoes that I don't wear.
Here is a picture of the most recent shoes I have acquired. I got them all in one week which I know seems excessive but one of them was a birthday gift. Anyway, you can see that they are all very different styles. Plus, they were all on sale (gray boots were 70% off). I very rarely buy a shoe that is not on sale.
Here is what I want to know. What is your magic number? Am I jaded in thinking 43 is average? How many pairs do you have?

2 comments:

bgprincess said...

am i the roommate you were referring to? since you counted mine, how many do i have. let me know so you can save me the time counting them.

Kelli said...

I have about 20 and I wear about 4. I think that is because I'm a boring mom. And 43 is probably a little excessive, who are you trying to kid?