Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's Been Awhile

Okay, so I realize I have not posted anything for a couple of weeks now. Let me apologize. I simply just forget.

Anyway, for those of you that are wondering, the waiter never called me. I am totally okay with that. I was actually really worried that he would call because I was so embarrassed. Plus, I honestly think that he was no older than 24. I don't know that a girl heading towards twenty-ten is his style.

I started work again. It is good to have a schedule again but this first week was one of the most difficult and busiest weeks since I've started at this school. Those of you that don't know, Richard who has been the other counselor at my school left to go to a high school so I am not the head counselor. This doesn't really mean anything other than I feel like I have more responsibility to make sure things are getting done. Our new counselor is just graduated so he is still learning the system. Also, he came from interning at a high school and high schools and middle schools are so different. We also work and a trimester, modified block schedule. We are the only school in the state that has it. Therefore, it is difficult to understand. I won't even begin to explain. Anyway, our schedule was all messed up and we had like 47 students in one class and that is not acceptable. I have been working all week to fix it. I stayed late every day except for Friday and that is just unheard of on the first week back. Needless to say, I have it 80% fixed so by Monday it should be completed. So again, it has been good to be productive again but it was a rough week and I was not a pleasant girl to be around.
Also, I have had many people ask me this lately (not just you Kelli), my degree is a Master's in School Counseling. The department is Educational Psychology but the degree is School Counseling. Most people think it is social work but they would be wrong.

No comments: