Saturday, May 10, 2008

So Sorry

Alright all of you who have gotten on my about not posting for the last week. I am so sorry. The problem is nothing exciting happens in my life so I don't have a lot to say. But I will try and make this interesting for you. It is amazing how fast I type now that I do it on a regular basis. My students are always amazed. It is nice to have some talents.
Let me just tell you what happened to me yesterday. It has been crazy busy at work. May is such a busy time in schools because every student in the state of Utah has to take their state tests for Math, Science, and Language Arts (that English for those of you who haven't been in school for awhile). I am in charge of making sure at least 97% of our students take these tests. That is roughly 3000 tests that need to be administered. Anyway, we are also doing online testing as a pilot program for the district. It has been a lot of work and super frustrating for me. Anyway, yesterday I forgot to start the students tests from the server so when they logged in they couldn't start. So I was running (literally running) down the long hallway to get that test started. A teacher says to me "Hey, do you have a minute? I need to talk with you." First of all, if I had a minute do you think I would be running down the hallway especially since one of the rules is no running in the halls. I followed with "Not right now. I am busy but I can talk to you later." Now any courteous person would think "Oh she must be busy. She is running down the hall and said she couldn't talk right now". Not this special teacher. He followed me into the room and proceeded to tell me his concern. He wanted to let a student retake the state test because he didn't do well. That is like the biggest no no ever. I would lose my job if I did that. I told him no but he wanted to argue with me. I finally said "I can't talk to you about this right now. I've got to get this done pronto so I will come talk to you later." He left upset with me (what's new. This guy is always upset with me). Anyway, as Teri would say "Are you joking me." Next time any of you see me running down the hall and I say I can't talk right now because I am busy please do not follow me into the room and persist to argue with me. So annoying.
Well, now you know how my week has been and next week is going to be even crazier. Enjoy

No comments: